Spirulina is a recently discovered food that will leave you with your mouth open. In fact, if you have already consumed it, you can consider one of the precursors in its diffusion.
It has so many vitamins and minerals that the UN has called it the “food of the millennium”. This plant grows in a spiral form, hence its name spirulina. It has nutrients and minerals so that no other food in nature.
So alimentia is this alga, which can be used to cover the nutritional deficiencies of Third World countries. Those areas where famine and lack of food is a problem, would be completely satiated with spirulina. At this time, this alga has been used as a dietary supplement that even the celebrities have used. With it they not only get the vitamins and minerals they need, they also manage to lose weight.
According to specialists, it is highly recommended to consume this alga naturally. Everyone can take advantage of their wonderful properties. However, it is especially useful for those who practice veganism or have vegetarian habits. With this plant they obtain all the necessary proteins, equivalent to those that contribute the red meats and other products of animal origin. In fact, with a serving of spirulina they get almost 400 times more nutrients than with meats.
Surely the Maya and the Aztecs had long known the properties of spirulina. We know this because this culture consumed these algae in the usual way. This plant can be found in alkaline water lakes and contains about 21 amino acids. Here we will detail the benefits of consuming spirulina.
The idea of consuming an alga may seem strange or disgusting to you. However, after knowing all its benefits, we assure you that those feelings will disappear. What’s more, you will run to the supermarket to buy them to take advantage of their properties. Here is a list of all the benefits we get from using Spirulina.
Benefits of Spirulina
– It is rich in antioxidants that strengthen your immune system.
– They have a lot gamma linolenic acid and niacin. Both are very good for regulating cholesterol levels.
– Prevents cancer and the appearance of cancerous tumors. All thanks to antioxidants that counteract the consequences of free radicals.
– It is rich in chlorophyll, a substance that detoxifies the body and eliminates toxins that are deposited in the kidneys because of medicines.
– It contributes to a better intestinal flora and prevents the appearance of infections and constipation.
This is how the “VapoRub” is used to annihilate all that belly fat and reduce sizes
– Regulates glucose in the blood, so it is very good to keep diabetes at bay.
– It gives us a feeling of satiety, so we will stop eating between hours. As a result, we will avoid consuming more food than necessary, and we will not gain weight.
– Protects the heart and cardiovascular system in general.
– It is very good to combat anemia because of its high iron content.
– Treats chronic diseases such as arthritis and rheumatism. All thanks to antioxidants, gamma linolenic acid, serine and pantothenic acid.
– It is good for improving brain function and memory due to its amino acid content.
– Because of its many nutrients and vitamins, improves vision.
– We can use it to fight and prevent diseases of the bone system.
– Thanks to its vitamins, minerals and acids, it gives us energy, improves our sexual activity and increases vitality.
– It helps us fight allergies.
– It has powerful antiviral properties that have been effective against herpes, hepatitis and HIV.
Mode of consumption of spirulina
After reading all the benefits you can get with spirulina, you sure want to consume it already. Well you will be glad to know that there are different ways to obtain it and take advantage of its properties. One way is to buy it powder or pills at specialty stores or herbalists.
If you manage to get it in powder, just mix 2 tablespoons of it with a fruit or vegetable smoothie. This will be sufficient for them to achieve their virtues. In case of obtaining the pills, take them following the instructions that comes the package. Otherwise, you can use the powder of the pills to mix it with your salads or meals.
One thing we should note is that the experts recommend their powder consumption. To convert spirulina into tablets, you must exhaust a certain process that causes them to lose their properties
We appreciate you reading this article do not forget to share it through social networks so that more people know.